With meshLINK, Broadcast Solutions takes high-quality wireless video transmission to the next level: Providing state-of-the-art video encoding, full-duplex IP and Mesh networking as a truly rugged and straightforward system.
meshLINK represents the latest developments in RF technology on the one hand and breakthroughs in ultra-low latency UHD HEVC encoding on the other, now combined in one product.
This is a true duplex IP-based wireless system allowing a wide range of functions during live broadcasts, like RCP and telemetry integration. Further on, intercom, return video, prompter and other functions can be integrated like in any other IP-based application.
Its basic version can be seen as a Tx/Rx system comparable with any other wireless point-to-point product, with the main difference being that it allows bidirectional IP traffic and complete monitoring of the link.
Adding radios (we call them “Nodes”) to the setup creates a Mesh, a single-frequency, highly scalable, self-forming, self-healing wireless network. Placing Nodes “on the fly” allows ad hoc transmissions from virtually ANY position. Here the additional benefits start to become obvious.
Signal routing is automatically and dynamically selected for optimal performance to deliver the best quality without compromising signal stability. In addition, data can be entered and retrieved at every node in the network.
For easy configuration and in-depth monitoring, all devices in the network can be controlled from any selected node via any common web browser.
To ensure the best possible result, a ground-breaking feature is offered as an option: Real-time adaptive video encoding. Video bandwidth (bitrate) is automatically adapted to the Mesh network capabilities, ensuring the best video quality under given circumstances.
In a nutshell: meshLINK offers an array of features and capabilities not seen before.
- Super-low latency (down to 45 ms in HD and 75 ms in 4K)
- Wide choice of frequencies
- Simplified planning: The entire Mesh network occupies only one frequency
- Mesh functionality: A radio is a transmitter, receiver and repeater at the same time
- H.265, 4K, UHD (12G or 2SI)
- 1 to 4 HD encoding channels (4 channels coming soon)
- Modular, flexible and easy setup
- Makes use of existing IP infrastructure to enhance networks
- Rugged, waterproof and passive cooled solid aluminium housing